miércoles, 18 de octubre de 2017

BLOG POST 3:
 LINZ, A CITY WITH A LOT OF FUN

On my third week I was completely used to my new life here and I had a lot of interesting activities to do. First I must tell you a strange anecdote that I lived on Sunday. I went to an enormous supermarket in Linz, but the curious thing was that an extreme right- wing politician (racist and almost a nazi according to my friends) was making a speech there. It was a bit scary to see all those people listening to that man saying that he wanted people who are not Austrian out of Austria… Well, better to start with the funny anecdotes now, I know you prefer them!
 On Thursday we had a class called “German for beginners”. At this class we learn German doing ordinary activities out of the class. For example, in this first class we went to Linz to play Laser Tag and go shopping. We visited the big shopping center (the same I had visited on Sunday) and then we went to a Haribo big shop. All products there were made of Haribo.  At first, I thought that some products were free and I started to eat them at the shop… Don’t get me wrong! I swear I hadn’t seen the prices on the products! Then we went to play Laser Tag, a game that has two teams, your objective is to shoot the people of the other team with your laser gun. It was an amazing game but it is really intense so we finished the game very tired.

I must say that the first games I played pretty badly and I almost had negative score because I shot people of my own team… but then I improved my level and I understood the game better, so I became a “good” player. On Friday we (my host family, me and the other exchange students, Henrick and Nö

el) went to an ice-hockey match, between the Black Wings (the team that we supported because they are from Linz) and the Red Bull Salzburg, one of the best teams in Austria. The match was amazing, historic, wonderful, magical…. The match had three parts of 20 minutes and it started very aggressively and crazy (some fights between players, kicks and a lot of hits) but without goals. In the second part our team (Black Wings) scored two goals and we started to think it was going to be an easy win, but Salzburg scored at the start of the third part… and they scored another goal when there were only 60 seconds of match left. But our hope didn’t disappear and… our team scored in the last ten seconds an amazing goal and we won! The stadium was full of people, so with that goal all the Black Wings supporters exploded with happiness and I felt the stadium literally shaking. Both experiences were very funny, but this doesn’t end here, I still have five weeks more here so I will live, and of course tell you, many other adventures.

2 comentarios:

  1. Hi Gabi
    I really like your blog and read all the things you are doing in Austria, but I will tell you what is happenin here in the IES Selgas. Today the representatives of the Hispanic Society of América have visited our school, and some students asked some questions ( in Spanish or English ) to them

    I am waiting for your return

    Miguel

    PS: In the middle of the event Manu has a problem with a bottle of water

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Gabriel.
    I think that seeing that man had to be a bit scary. But I hope you keep doing many more fun things like eating all those jelly beans, playing laser guns or playing that game, by the way, congratulations for winning.

    As you are telling us everything, it is only fair to tell you something.
    This Wednesday came a representative of the Hispanic Society of America, winner of this year's Princess Award. At the event, students from various schools asked about the company, including us, although represented by Alba M, who did very well. After the questions some students of IES Selgas represented some scenes in thanks to the award winner.

    We all miss you and look forward to your return.

    Kisses, Paula.

    ResponderEliminar